Multaqa Ahl al-Hadeeth

Go Back   Multaqa Ahl al-Hadeeth > General Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2010, 10:59 PM

Default Dua of abu darda....

Aslamualaikum

can someone confirm wether the word should be adhzeem or kareem after tawakkaltu wa anta rabbul as the sites say different things.

http://www.islamicbulletin.com/newsl...ua.aspx#duaa13

http://www.scribd.com/doc/13171059/Doa-Abu-Darda

jzk
Old 07-07-2010, 12:01 AM

Wa 'alaikum salam
It should be adhzeem. Allah knows best
Old 07-11-2010, 08:35 AM

jazakumullahu khair akhi
Old 08-02-2010, 11:46 PM

erm are you sure its not kareem...

noble = kareem?

"One day, a neighbor came running to Hadrat Abu-Dardaa (Radiy-Allaahu anhu) when he was at his shop. The neighbor said that the neighborhood where they lived was on fire and that Hadrat Abu-Dardaa's house was also burning. Hadrat Abu-Dardaa calmly said, 'No, it has not burned.' Another person came in and gave the same report, and Hadrat Abu-Dardaa gave the same reply. A third person showed up with the same news and got the same answer. Then another man came in and said, 'Abu-Dardaa! The fire was blazing high but, when the flames came to your house, they went out!' Abu-Dardaa replied, 'I knew that Allah, The Exalted, would not allow my house to burn because I heard from Rasulu-Lah (Salla-Lahu 'alai wa Salam) that the person who repeats certain words in the morning will be safe from all misfortunes until evening, and I recited those words this morning.'"

They are:

"Allah-humma, anta rabbi, laa ilaaha illaa Anta, 'alaika tawakkaltu wa anta rabbul 'arshil kariymi maashaa Allaahu kaana wa maLam yasha' lam yakuw-wa laa hawla wa laa quwwata illaa bil-Laahil 'Aliyyil 'Aziym. A'lamu annallaaha 'alaa kulli shay in qadiyruw-wa annallaaha qad ahaata bikulli shay in 'almaa.

Allah-humma inni a'uthu bika min sharri nafsiy wa min sharri kulli daabbatin, anta aakhithum bi naasiyatihaa inna rabiy 'alaa siraatim-mustaqiym."

Translation:

"Oh Allah, You are my Lord. There is nothing worthy of worship except You. I place all of my trust and reliance in You and You are the Lord of the Noble Throne. Whatever Allah wishes takes place, and whatever He does not desire, does not occur, and there is no power and no strength except in Allah, The Exalted, The Mighty. I know that Allah is Powerful over all things and that Allah has knowledge of all things.

Oh Allah, I seek refuge in You from the evil of my nafs and from the evil of every creeping crawling creature. You are master over them. Verily, You are Lord of the Straight Path."

http://www.islamicbulletin.com/newsl...insurance.aspx
Old 08-03-2010, 12:42 AM

assalam aleikum,

it is atheem, but this hadith was classified as weak by ibn tamiyah, ra, in his book called kalim attayib

here it goes in Arabic:
ضعيف ) وعن طلق بن حبيب قال : جاء رجل إلى أبي الدرداء فقال : يا أبا الدرداء قد احترق بيتك . فقال : ما احترق لم يكن الله ليفعل ذلك بكلمات سمعتهن من رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم من قالها أول نهاره لم تصبه مصيبة حتى يمسي و من قالها آخر النهار لم تصبه مصيبة حتى يصبح :
اللهم أنت ربي لا إله إلا أنت عليك توكلت و أنت رب العرش العظيم ما شاء الله كان و ما لم يشأ لم يكن لا حول و لا قوة إلا بالله العلي العظيم أعلم أن الله على كل شيء قدير و أن الله قد أحاط بكل شيء علما اللهم إني أعوذ بك من شر نفسي و من شر كل دابة أنت آخذ بناصيتها إن ربي على صراط مستقيم
[ 74 ]

This reason why you probably see different time different between karim and atheem is because of the hadith found in Ahmad, that states when the prophet, PBUH was in distress he would supplicate with this duaa:
- حدثنا عبد الله حدثني أبي قال عبد الوهاب أنا هشام عن قتادة عن أبي العالية عن بن عباس مثله : ان نبي الله صلى الله عليه و سلم كان يدعو عند الكرب لا إله الا الله العظيم الحليم لا إله الا الله أنت رب العرش العظيم لا إله الا أنت رب السماوات ورب الأرض ورب العرش الكريم
تعليق شعيب الأرنؤوط : إسناده صحيح على شرط مسلم

Here in this hadith both words are used: rabbul arsh atheem and rabbul arsh alkareem. The difference is when the duaa says lord of what is in the heavens and the earth it concludes rabbul arsh alkarim.

I am not making making a decision on if these hadith are sahih or weak, because I can't all I am saying is what I found in the books with authors, that I am aware of and have access to in as shamela.

Karim (or kareem) = Generous
atheem = exalted, glorified

al-arsh = the throne

wa Allah ya'lam
wa aleikum assalam wa rahmat Allah
Old 08-03-2010, 06:55 AM

What do scholars say abt doing amal on a weak hadith in the case of d'ua?

Wa alaikumus salam warahmtullahi wabarakatuhu
Old 08-03-2010, 07:59 AM

jazakullmualhu khairan for the above, yes i too would like to know if we can use this dua too...i dont think theres any harm in it becuase its still praising Allah and technically we can praise Allah and glorify him with words that do that?
Old 08-03-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abumuadh View Post
What do scholars say abt doing amal on a weak hadith in the case of d'ua?

Wa alaikumus salam warahmtullahi wabarakatuhu

assalam aleikum,

I don't have an answer to this.

In sha Allah, I will keep it in mind and inquire. Also I anticipate more educated brothers here answer it as well.

wa aleikum assalam wa rahmat Allah