Multaqa Ahl al-Hadeeth

Go Back   Multaqa Ahl al-Hadeeth > The Holy Quran
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2009, 12:34 AM

Thumbs up The Jazariyyah (Tajweed) Poem -Translated

As Salaamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuhu

The Jazariyyah Poem-translated with some explanation: http://www.abouttajweed.com/Jazaria.pdf

I also have the audio, but inshaa Allaah i will upload that another time. In the mean time, may Allaah reward you for downloading the poem

Was-salaamu 'alaykum

www.globalvoiceforjustice.com
Old 01-20-2009, 05:20 AM

Here is the audio: jazarya.mp3 - 15.47MB

Not too sure who it's recited by though, so forgive me

Was-salaamu 'alaykum

Old 01-20-2009, 07:00 AM

Assalamu alaykum

Jazaki Allahu khayra sister.....yet I was wondering if the audio can be uploaded directly to the forum to avoid the naked pictures/videos on that link, otherwise I'd warn everyone against clicking on the link....
Ibn Mas'ud (radiallaahu 'anhu) would advise his students, "If your intention is one of these three, do not seek knowledge: To shame the ignorant, or to argue with the Fuqahaa' (scholars), or to cause people to turn their faces in your direction. Intend with your actions and words that which is with Allaah, for indeed that which is with Allaah shall remain and everything else shall perish".
Old 01-20-2009, 07:14 AM

Wa 'alaykum as-salaam Ukhtee,

Wa iyyaaki.

Attaching an audio on the forum doesn't work too well for me, unfortunately. I'm sorry about the advertisement, but i'm surprised naked pictures came up for you. It's usually gambling or "WIN" this type of ads. Khayr inshaa Allaah.

All upload sites have the problem of bad ads from what i know. If there's a better solution, someone let me know.

Old 01-20-2009, 02:28 PM

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

I thought this post to be the opportune situation to offer some humble advice for anyone considering investing time to study al-Muqaddimah al-Jazariyyah (or Tu7fatul ATfal, or other similar works) while they are still at a fairly early level of learning Tajweed and Arabic: and this advice is not to invest too much time on these type of resources right now (if at all).

There is no doubt at all regarding the stature of Sheikh al-Qurraa' Al-Jazary (may Allah have mercy on him) and the great significance of his contributions to the noble science/art of Tajweed (as well as other branches of knowledge); especially towards the concise codification of its rules and the various forms of recitation (Qira'at). However it is important to remember that the practical application of Tajweed can (almost) only be gained at the hands (or rather, mouth, ears and eyes <smile>) of a knowledgeable teacher, and in general self-studying these mutoon (especially in their translated form) without practical application will not bring about a significant improvement in recitation (which is after all the primary aim of studying Tajweed)... walLahu A3lam.

Once they become proficient in at least one Qira'ah (probably in Hafs, via practical learning), and learn Arabic, they can codify and enhance their understanding of the principles of Tajweed and perhaps study the various Qira'aat through these great works, and at this stage they will reveal their real benefit, bi'idhnillah ta'ala. Hopefully this advice will not be considered amiss (if nothing else, it is backed up by a bit of teaching experience).

Now with the opinionated advice-dispensing out of the way <smile>: for tajweed resources in Arabic (including various mutoon and their shurooh, both text and audio, written/recited/read by various recitors/ulema), check out this page:
http://www.khayma.com/tajweed/moton.htm

You will probably find the version recited by Sheikh Ayman al-Suwayd the closest in terms of I3raab to the text version posted by sister Minhaaj as-Sunnah. The audio she posted is by the Libyan recitor Sheikh Taha al-Fahad (who can also be found on the above page).

Barak Allah Feekum
Old 01-20-2009, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remorseful View Post
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

I thought this post to be the opportune situation to offer some humble advice for anyone considering investing time to study al-Muqaddimah al-Jazariyyah (or Tu7fatul ATfal, or other similar works) while they are still at a fairly early level of learning Tajweed and Arabic: and this advice is not to invest too much time on these type of resources right now (if at all).

There is no doubt at all regarding the stature of Sheikh al-Qurraa' Al-Jazary (may Allah have mercy on him) and the great significance of his contributions to the noble science/art of Tajweed (as well as other branches of knowledge); especially towards the concise codification of its rules and the various forms of recitation (Qira'at). However it is important to remember that the practical application of Tajweed can (almost) only be gained at the hands (or rather, mouth, ears and eyes <smile>) of a knowledgeable teacher, and in general self-studying these mutoon (especially in their translated form) without practical application will not bring about a significant improvement in recitation (which is after all the primary aim of studying Tajweed)... walLahu A3lam.

Once they become proficient in at least one Qira'ah (probably in Hafs, via practical learning), and learn Arabic, they can codify and enhance their understanding of the principles of Tajweed and perhaps study the various Qira'aat through these great works, and at this stage they will reveal their real benefit, bi'idhnillah ta'ala. Hopefully this advice will not be considered amiss (if nothing else, it is backed up by a bit of teaching experience).

Now with the opinionated advice-dispensing out of the way <smile>: for tajweed resources in Arabic (including various mutoon and their shurooh, both text and audio, written/recited/read by various recitors/ulema), check out this page:
http://www.khayma.com/tajweed/moton.htm

You will probably find the version recited by Sheikh Ayman al-Suwayd the closest in terms of I3raab to the text version posted by sister Minhaaj as-Sunnah. The audio she posted is by the Libyan recitor Sheikh Taha al-Fahad (who can also be found on the above page).

Barak Allah Feekum
Wa 'alaykum as-salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuhu

Mashaa Allaah, golden advice. May Allaah ta'aala reward you immensly, aameen. It is indeed the practical component of tajweed that is fardh 'ain upon the Muslims.

In regards to the audio by shaykh al-suwayd, can you please post it when you have time? Jazaak'Allaah khayr.

Was-salaamu 'alaykum

Old 01-20-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minhaaj as-Sunnah View Post

May Allaah ta'aala reward you immensly, aameen. It is indeed the practical component of tajweed that is fardh 'ain upon the Muslims.

In regards to the audio by shaykh al-suwayd, can you please post it when you have time? Jazaak'Allaah khayr.

Was-salaamu 'alaykum
Wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Jazakillah khair for the du'a and the same to you, and may Allah make you from among the HaafiDhaat of the recitation, knowledge and implementation of Al-Quran Al-Kareem.

I've uploaded Sh Ayman Suwayd's reading of al-Jazariyyah to the Mediafire file-hosting site (which btw is probably the one of best file hosting sites - no download limits or offensive ads):

http://www.mediafire.com/?ztb4y0bdmzt

BTW, the above was also taken from the download section of the "About Tajweed" website from where you got your translation (maybe you missed it):
http://www.abouttajweed.com/download...ESC&order=name

The only difference is that on their web site the recitation is split into three separate files, whereas I've combined the parts into a single file.

The khayma.com link that I posted earlier has another reading of the poem by Sheikh Suwaid (but the one just posted is better) plus 12 other reciters (including Sh. Taha whose audio you posted earlier). Just look under the section that says :::: المقدمة فيما على قارئ القرآن أن يعلمه :::: (this is the proper name of matn al-Jazariyyah) and under the subsection :::: القراءة الصوتية :::: you will find all these recitations. (However keep in mind that there are several ways in which the I3raab can be applied to the text and some differences in the words from different copies of it, so all the audio recitations are a bit different from each other (and some contain a few minor mistakes) so it's best to stick to a single audio recitation for someone trying to memorise the text - I would recommend Sh Ayman Suwaid's)

Barak Allah Feekum
Old 01-20-2009, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remorseful View Post
Wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Jazakillah khair for the du'a and the same to you, and may Allah make you from among the HaafiDhaat of the recitation, knowledge and implementation of Al-Quran Al-Kareem.

I've uploaded Sh Ayman Suwayd's reading of al-Jazariyyah to the Mediafire file-hosting site (which btw is probably the one of best file hosting sites - no download limits or offensive ads):

http://www.mediafire.com/?ztb4y0bdmzt

BTW, the above was also taken from the download section of the "About Tajweed" website from where you got your translation (maybe you missed it):
http://www.abouttajweed.com/download...ESC&order=name

The only difference is that on their web site the recitation is split into three separate files, whereas I've combined the parts into a single file.

The khayma.com link that I posted earlier has another reading of the poem by Sheikh Suwaid (but the one just posted is better) plus 12 other reciters (including Sh. Taha whose audio you posted earlier). Just look under the section that says :::: المقدمة فيما على قارئ القرآن أن يعلمه :::: (this is the proper name of matn al-Jazariyyah) and under the subsection :::: القراءة الصوتية :::: you will find all these recitations. (However keep in mind that there are several ways in which the I3raab can be applied to the text and some differences in the words from different copies of it, so all the audio recitations are a bit different from each other (and some contain a few minor mistakes) so it's best to stick to a single audio recitation for someone trying to memorise the text - I would recommend Sh Ayman Suwaid's)

Barak Allah Feekum
Allaahumma aameen to your du'aa. May Allaah grant the same for you and those who desire such, aameen.

Yes, i did see the sound file on the abouttajweed site, but i didn't like the fact that the sound files were broken up into bits. Jazaakum Allaah khayr for all your help.

May Allaah preserve you, aameen.

Was-salaamu 'alaykum

Old 01-21-2009, 12:49 AM

Al-Jazariyyah and Tuhfatul-Atfaal by Shaykh Sa'ad al-Ghaamidi (hafidhahullah)
Old 01-21-2009, 02:00 AM

wa 'alaikumassalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

I've used www.2shared.com to upload and download and I don't remember seeing any negative ads there.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhookum View Post
wa 'alaikumassalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

I've used www.2shared.com to upload and download and I don't remember seeing any negative ads there.
Jazaakum Allaah khayr to you both.

Was-salaamu 'alaykum

Old 05-18-2011, 02:14 AM

Asalamu alaikum

is there an audio SHARH (explanation) of al-jazariyyah, i need it in less than 2 days if it is available somewhere.

min fadlikum

"I have debated with the Ash'aris
and it has become clear to me that they believe that Allah does not exist"

May Allah hasten the Muslims back to the path
that granted victory to them before.

http://islamthought.wordpress.com/

http://www.islamic-life.com/forums/
Old 02-09-2012, 08:09 AM

Bismillah.
"al-boriqee", did you find what you were looking for ? if yes, would you be able to share please, i am also interested in having a sharh inshaALLAH.

Jazakallahu khayr
(wa barakallahu fikum for this thread)
Old 02-09-2012, 10:10 AM

Sharh:

http://www.tafsir.net/vb/tafsir3002/
http://www.tafsir.net/vb/tafsir28726/